Wedding Day Planning – Organizing Your Wedding Is Simple With Your Wedding Party’s Help
You’re getting married soon and the wedding day is coming faster than you ever imagined. In not time you’ll be walking down the wedding aisle and shortly thereafter partying at your wedding reception. Wait! You have wedding favors to buy and flowers to order…not to mention finalizing the wedding reception menu! Get your wedding party to help, young lady, and give yourself a break in the days ahead of the most important day of your life – your wedding day.
The Role of Your Wedding Party
Usually, asking friends and family to part of your wedding party is flattering. Yes, they feel loved and wanted and in most cases very eager to help in the planning and organization process. Take advantage of that and let them shoulder some of the burden. Yes, that’s what bridal friends are for, right?
Here’s some things you can “outsource” to your bridal party and remember, don’t be shy about asking!
1. Wedding Favors – get your maid of honour to check on the latest wedding favors and bomboniere ideas online. It’s a fast and simple way to get thousands of ideas. They should easily put together a short list of wedding favors that match your wedding theme, colors, or your preferences. Picking from just a few great favors will save you time over scouring wedding favor boutiques which are usually only found in large cities.
2. Wedding Transportation – Get one of the groomsmen or best man, preferably who “gets” logistics or has limo connections to investigate wedding transportation options within your budget. Provide your wedding ceremony and reception times and let them run with it.
3. Wedding Flowers – this is definitely a girl thing (most often). Again, based on your wedding theme pick flora that represents you and the feel you are trying to achieve. If you’re really detailed, you’ll even match these to your wedding favor colors!
4. Reception Menu – Will it be veal, duck, or seafood – or some combination of each? Assuming you’ve selected a reception hall, work with their caterer or get your own. Definitely trust this to your top wedding party guns…and be involved in this one. Stay true to your budget and don’t be pressured to overspend as your guests will love and remember the party and not the food.
5. Wedding Reception Decorations – Again, this usually is something your maid of honour should be trusted with. She knows you best and will understand the feel you’re trying to create. Wedding decoration ideas are absolutely endless. Get the decorations that express who you are as a couple – which often can also lend itself to the season in which you are getting married.
So whether you charge your bridesmaids to pick out your wedding favors or a groomsman to co-ordinate transportation – or all of the above – planning a wedding doesn’t have to be a full-time job for you! The best weddings are those in which all those in the wedding party have lent a hand, after all.
Christine is a wedding industry professional and part of the InCasaGifts.com expert team of editors dedicated to providing brides great wedding ideas. Christine writes on all things wedding favors and party favors. Christine’s goal is to provide wedding idea inspiration to brides and wedding planners alike.